In 2005 a group of leaders in the field of Kyrgyz cinema decided to develop a concept and strategy of cinema development in Kyrgyzstan in order to find ways of solving existing problems in this sector.
Finally a strategic document consisting of 43 pages was developed – Target programme “ Kyrgyz Cinema – 2010”, later named as “Strategy 10+”.
This document covers all main directions in development of Kyrgyz cinema: education, technical equipment, film production, author’s rights, distribution and marketing, film festival and TV channel of arthouse cinema.
Annually report round table is held, where the results of implemented work are discussed, moreover the plans for every next year are established. Every time, while realizing the projects, we get confirmation that the goals of the Strategy 10+ can be reached.
- To promote Kyrgyz cinema to world film markets
- To take own niche in modern film process
- Kyrgyzstan – is a territory of arthouse cinema
- Kyrgyz films are invited to International film festivals
- Kyrgyz films have world distribution
- Kyrgyz young film directors declare about themselves in modern cinematography
- Kyrgyz film projects are supported by western film funds
- Kyrgyz cinema is known, everyone talk about it and watch it